In an upsetting turn of events, Warner Brothers Interactive pulled the plug on the long-awaited iteration of Mortal Kombat X on last-gen consoles.
After a rousingly successful launch on current-gen Xbox One and PS4 consoles in April of this year, previous-gen gamers were eagerly anticipating the launch of the game on the Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms.
After months of development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has come to the regrettable conclusion that we cannot release Mortal Kombat X for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Please know our teams worked diligently to meet the quality standards set by the current-gen versions of the game. We were not able to get the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to the quality expected of a Mortal Kombat game and are very sorry for not being able to deliver the products as originally planned. .
They also urged gamers who had previous pre-ordered the legacy-gen versions of the game to please return to the retailers where they ordered them from for a full refund.
Source: Warner Brothers Entertainment
Latest posts by NiteFenix (see all)
- Movie Review: Assassin’s Creed (DVD Review) - August 10, 2017
- Movie Review: Split (DVD Review) - August 10, 2017
- Geek Node News: So Long And Thanks For All The Fish - August 7, 2017
- Movie Review: The Great Wall (DVD Review) - July 20, 2017
- Competition: And our Valerian winners are…. - July 18, 2017