Fans of The Astronauts’ The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will be pleased to know that as of September 11, a remastered version of the game has been released. Designer, Adruab Chmielarz, revealed that not only does the latest update (which is free) bring with it a completely graphical overhaul using the Unreal Engine 4, but that it also brings with it a brand new save game system, a stream-free area progression (ie. you can move from one area to the next seamlessly without hitching or freezing) as well as no backtracking towards the end of the game which appears to have been a bane to players of the highly popular title.
Gamers who had previously purchased The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will now be able to download the remastered version which is known as The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux, free of charge. Find out more at The Astronauts’s blog.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is available at it’s regular price of $19,99 or about R272 at the time of writing this article. If you’ve purchased the original game, the Redux version will be available to you free of charge.
Latest posts by NiteFenix (see all)
- Movie Review: Assassin’s Creed (DVD Review) - August 10, 2017
- Movie Review: Split (DVD Review) - August 10, 2017
- Geek Node News: So Long And Thanks For All The Fish - August 7, 2017
- Movie Review: The Great Wall (DVD Review) - July 20, 2017
- Competition: And our Valerian winners are…. - July 18, 2017