Ever since the StarCraft 2 Legacy Of The Void announcement a while ago fans have been eagerly awaiting the concluding chapter to Blizzard’s continuation of their iconic StarCraft from way back in 1998.
Legacy of the Void will be a standalone experience that does not require players to own StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty® or Heart of the Swarm®, which are also now available as standalone games.
Legacy of the Void will be available in the retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition. As well as a special edition of the full-color hardcover StarCraft Field Manual; a DVD loaded with cinematics and special features; and a CD soundtrack. The Collector’s Edition will be available at select retailers.
The Protoss campaign will follow the stories of Artanis and Zeratul in their fight to unite their people and reclaim their homeworld. This chapter puts you in command of the legendary Spear Of Adun which is a mighty Protoss Arkship capable of more than just hovering around (to say the least).
In addition we’ll finally get to see what happens to Kerrigan and Jim Raynor as this chapter will wrap up everything pretty nicely.
Legacy of The Void adds a few distinct new game features, namely;
- Archon Mode – Two players command a single base and work together to achieve victory.
- Co-op Missions – Players team up and take on the roles of powerful commanders, adding a leveling up ability to enhance the capability of your commander who in turn can be used in the co-op missions.
- Automated tournaments – Ongoing events that will support the competitive StarCraft 2 community.
Some of the official new units are;
Zerg – The Lurker
A classic creature from StarCraft: Brood War™ that lays waste to infantry with deadly spines which burst from the ground.
Terran – Liberator
A versatile, heavily armed gunship with twin missile launchers and the ability to transform into a stationary air platform, much like its ground-based Siege Tank counterpart
Protoss – Disruptor
A weapon which can use massive energy spikes to wreak havoc through swaths of ground forces.
Other new units include the Adept for Protoss, The Cyclone for Terran and the Ravager for Zerg.
Every race is receiving a total of 2 new units and countless existing units will receive updates.
Legacy of the Void will be released beginning November 10 on Windows® and Mac® PCs.
The game will be fully localized in English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Korean, European and Latin American Spanish, traditional Chinese, Polish, and Russian. Availability of Legacy of the Void in mainland China will be announced at a later date.
Latest posts by Desolation Morris (see all)
- Video Game News: No Man’s Sky Continues To Suck - January 16, 2017
- Movie News: Rogue One – Here’s What The Critics Think - December 12, 2016
- Movie Features: Top 5 Geeky Movies Of 2016 - December 5, 2016
- Video Game Feature: The Best Fallout 4 Mods (PS4) - November 22, 2016
- Video Game Feature: Star Trek Online: PC Vs Console – The Result - September 14, 2016