Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you were somehow turned into a giant anthropomorphic flower capable of shooting various seeds and weapons at encroaching hordes of zombies? No? Okay… well, have you ever dreamt of being a ravenous zombie ploughing through flower beds in a frenzy of destruction? No to that too?! You’re weird then.
For the rest of us normal folks who frequently wake up covered in sweat and in various stages of arousal from dreams of exactly that sort, the following press release is some good news indeed!
The Multiplayer BETA for PvZ2 is coming to a PS4 or XBoxOne near you! Don’t just take my word for it, there it is, right below, waiting for you to rub your grubby little eyes over it’s pretty words! GO!
PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES GARDEN WARFARE 2 MULTIPLAYER BETA STARTS JANUARY 14
Today, PopCap Vancouver, creator of one of the world’s beloved video game franchises and a studio of Electronic Arts Inc., announced Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2 will host a public access multiplayer beta beginning January 14, and ending January 18. The multiplayer beta will be available for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One®, and will be a chance for players to experience the craziest shooter of 2016 before Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 hits stores February 26 in South Africa.
“More than 8 million players have experienced the original Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare since it launched in 2014,” said Justin Wiebe, Creative Director, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2. “That level of engagement is incredible, and that’s why we’re so excited for players to jump into the next PvZ adventure with the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 multiplayer beta. This game builds on the crazy fun people loved about the original and adds tons of new ways to play. We can’t wait for people to jump in and start having fun.”
Downloading the multiplayer beta will get you:
- Limited access to Backyard Battleground, an all-new dynamic environment that connects you to every map and mode, and brings to life more ways to experience the Plants vs. Zombies universe. As soon as the game starts, players will be immersed in a wild playground full of dynamic events. Take your time exploring, or jump into the action right away with the King of the Hill-inspired mode, Flag of Power. Raise the Flag of Power and do everything you can to prevent the enemy from lowering it; igniting an all-out war where you’ll fight off wave after wave of enemies in a frantic, escalating battle.
- Six new playable character classes are available including Rose, Citron, and Kernel Corn on the side of the plants, and Imp, Super Brainz and Captain Deadbeard on the side of the zombies. There will also be select variants including the Grass Effect Z7-Mech for a limited time.
- Classic and brand new game modes with 24-player multiplayer battles, including Garden and Graveyards, and the new Herbal Assault featuring plants on the offensive.
- Four new immersive and dynamic maps, including the low gravity Moon Base Z, and the snowy Frosty Creek.
To start playing the public access multiplayer beta, download it from the Xbox Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Network Store on January 14.
For more information on the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 beta and for full beta access instructions, visit the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 beta page.
Latest posts by PikeyZA (see all)
- Geek Node Podcast – Episode 21: Cape Town rAge with GeekA’pprove - March 24, 2016
- Competition Winner: Resident Evil Origins Collection - March 23, 2016
- Event: rAge Cape Town: Essentials Checklist! - March 17, 2016
- Competition: Win Resident Evil Origins Collection on PC - March 16, 2016
- Geek Node Podcast – Episode 20: TCG TALK WITH BLOWFISH ENTERTAINMENT! - March 14, 2016