I love a developer with a sense of humour. In an industry filled with cold suit types, it’s refreshing to see a bit of levity once in a while from the people making high budget games. Remedy recognized that there will probably be people pirating their game so they put in a little easter egg in for those thieving bastards. If you play a cracked version of Alan Wake, Alan will be wearing an eyepatch with skull and crossbones on it for the entirety of the game.
They continued this tradition with their new title, Quantum Break. If the game believes you’re playing a pirated copy, it will outfit Jack Joyce with a stylish eyepatch. The discovery of this was actually innocent as a Windows Store glitch caused it to happen. There is actually not a pirated version of the game out yet so the gag was a little premature.
Still, it’s pretty funny as people will now play the rather serious game with a dude wearing an eyepatch if they choose to go to a few Bays to Pirate.
Latest posts by MG Thabo (see all)
- Video Game Review: Rocket League Collector’s Edition – Blasting Off Again - July 21, 2016
- Video Game Review: Valentino Rossi: The Game – Riding High - July 20, 2016
- Games: Thabo’s Tirades: The Witcher 3 Puts All DLC To Shame - July 8, 2016
- Editorial: Thabo’s Tirades: Why We Are Tired Of Modern Shooters - July 1, 2016
- Video Game News: Criterion Games’ Extreme Sports Title Has Been Canned - June 22, 2016