Surprising no-one. Sony have already put down the gauntlet with Playstation VR that is set to release sometime this year and Xbox still has nothing on their side. It was only a matter of time before we would see some sort of equivalent crop up in the Microsoft camp. While still not outwardly confirmed, there’s scattered reports that indicate that something is happening at E3.
The first of which is a PR company contacting journalists to see if they want to have an interview for a PC, PS4 and Xbox One VR game. They were contacted to ask if this might have been a slip up, but they assured that the listing is true. The developers of the game also confirmed this. There was also a filter spotted on the E3 website to sort by “Xbox VR” to give further evidence of this.
Last week’s rumours of there being an upgraded Xbox One with VR capabilities is starting to ring slightly more true. There was also the speculation that they will continue their partnership with Oculus and potentially have the hardware work on the console with its upgraded capabilities.
E3 is shaping up to be one hell of an event if all these rumours are to be believed. We will just have to wait and see.
Latest posts by MG Thabo (see all)
- Video Game Review: Rocket League Collector’s Edition – Blasting Off Again - July 21, 2016
- Video Game Review: Valentino Rossi: The Game – Riding High - July 20, 2016
- Games: Thabo’s Tirades: The Witcher 3 Puts All DLC To Shame - July 8, 2016
- Editorial: Thabo’s Tirades: Why We Are Tired Of Modern Shooters - July 1, 2016
- Video Game News: Criterion Games’ Extreme Sports Title Has Been Canned - June 22, 2016