Every year during the Ubisoft E3 conference, my friends and I have a running joke that they’re finally going to announce Beyond Good & Evil 2, the much wanted and needed sequel to the original game released in 2003. It’s a joke, but inside we all hope it will be some sort of bombshell during the conference and every time we are disappointed. It has achieved near mythic status within the gaming community and all we have from the game is a very old teaser trailer in 2008 before the game entered development Hell.
But apparently the game is in development.
Yves Guillemot said in a recent interview that it’s “still on the way” and that it’s “something at one point you will see, yes”. So you’re saying there’s a chance. However, the reason for why it’s taking so long is that the developers are busy with two other games at the moment and the game has taken a back seat.
In summary, we will possibly see the much wanted sequel at some point, but not any time soon. Honestly it won’t surprise me if I’m married with kids at that point.
Latest posts by MG Thabo (see all)
- Video Game Review: Rocket League Collector’s Edition – Blasting Off Again - July 21, 2016
- Video Game Review: Valentino Rossi: The Game – Riding High - July 20, 2016
- Games: Thabo’s Tirades: The Witcher 3 Puts All DLC To Shame - July 8, 2016
- Editorial: Thabo’s Tirades: Why We Are Tired Of Modern Shooters - July 1, 2016
- Video Game News: Criterion Games’ Extreme Sports Title Has Been Canned - June 22, 2016