If your memory hasn’t deteriorated yet, you might remember that Criterion had a trailer at E3 2014 showcasing an extreme sports title filled with jetskis, gliders and all types of extreme sports shenanigans. It looked fairly promising with the ex-Burnout devs being at the helm, but we haven’t heard from the title since its announcement. That was probably with reason since the game has now been cancelled by EA to make Criterion available to help development on the myriad Star Wars games they have going on.
An EA representative said, “While they’ve moved on from the previous project they’ve spoken about and aren’t pursuing it, they are continuing to build new ideas and experiment with new IP for EA, in addition to continuing to collaborate with other EA studios”
Criterion are currently working on the new X-Wing VR Mission for the PS VR.
Latest posts by MG Thabo (see all)
- Video Game Review: Rocket League Collector’s Edition – Blasting Off Again - July 21, 2016
- Video Game Review: Valentino Rossi: The Game – Riding High - July 20, 2016
- Games: Thabo’s Tirades: The Witcher 3 Puts All DLC To Shame - July 8, 2016
- Editorial: Thabo’s Tirades: Why We Are Tired Of Modern Shooters - July 1, 2016
- Video Game News: Criterion Games’ Extreme Sports Title Has Been Canned - June 22, 2016