Volition did something wonderful with the Saint’s Row franchise. What started out as a GTA clone quickly transpired to a wacky, crazy and hilarious thrill ride of crazy. They really honed in on the absolute shenanigans they have created and in turn created a charming and incredibly unique franchise. But Saint’s Row is now over and it’s time for Volition to step up with something new. That something new is Agents of Mayhem.
As you can see from the trailer above, it does look decidedly wacky. It seemed to be more family friendly until a character popped out and shouted “Ahhhooy mothafuckas”, cementing the fact that this is a Volition game. The game follows three “heroes” with their own individual skills and gadgets. It will be a singleplayer only title and releases in 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
I’m interested to see where these go with a new IP. Their only claim to fame was the Saint’s Row series and it will be great to see what they can do with something new.
Latest posts by MG Thabo (see all)
- Video Game Review: Rocket League Collector’s Edition – Blasting Off Again - July 21, 2016
- Video Game Review: Valentino Rossi: The Game – Riding High - July 20, 2016
- Games: Thabo’s Tirades: The Witcher 3 Puts All DLC To Shame - July 8, 2016
- Editorial: Thabo’s Tirades: Why We Are Tired Of Modern Shooters - July 1, 2016
- Video Game News: Criterion Games’ Extreme Sports Title Has Been Canned - June 22, 2016