In the midst of one of the stormiest seasons in Johannesburg in recent memory, the Pixie and I made our way to The Living Room, situated in the rejuvenated district of Maboneng Precinct. There we were treated by local distribution company, Megarom, to hands-on time with Ubisoft’s latest open-world title, Watch_Dogs 2.
We were also treated to a security demonstration from a local security company, detailing just how easy it is to listen in on radio frequencies, how to hack another person’s computer (and spy on them using their computer’s webcam) as well as lockpicking.
The turnout was quite good, with several other publications making an appearance.
On Watch_Dogs 2 itself, it is a fun return to the world of ctOS and Dedsec which promises to deliver a truly fun experience. Keep an eye out for my review which will be coming to Geek Node soon.
In the meantime, have a look at some pictures we took at last night’s event. I don’t claim to be a good photographer so please excuse the quality.
Latest posts by NiteFenix (see all)
- Competition: Geek Fest Double Ticket Giveaway – Week 2! - April 21, 2017
- Movie Review: Underworld – Blood Wars - April 20, 2017
- Geek Node Podcast 32: GeekFest 2017! [R18] + Win Tickets to Geek Fest! - April 12, 2017
- Tech Review: Sony Xperia X Compact – Small, but packs a punch - April 12, 2017
- Movie News: SA Top 10 Report – Press 7 to 9 April 2017 - April 12, 2017