For the first time, this year’s GeekFest will boast an all out competition in which participants will be pitted against one another in an attempt to outsmart their competitors and become…the ultimate geeks!
That’s right, the Geek-lympics are here and Geek Node will be assisting the Dark Carnival and Uncut Media in the running of this battle of wits. Here’s the full press release from GeekFest:
Geek-letes, (brain) power-lifters and those of exceptional mental strength!
We present the first annual GEEK-LYMPICS!
GO FOR GOLD IN THIS PRESTIGIOUS BATTLE OF THE BRAINS!
The Challenge (should you choose to accept it):
Contenders must choose their team of up to 4 Geek-letes based on mental strength, physical ability, problem solving skills and creative prowess.
Complete the tournaments and compete against fellow Geek-letes for bragging rights, and the prestigious Geeklympic Gold! (as well as EPIC prizes!)
Each Tournament has a point value attached.
Teams must complete as many of the tournaments as possible in the allocated time given.
Saturday 11:00 – 15:00
• Shoot an Arrow with The Troll Bow Project – Choose a champion to hit a bullseye.
• Geek Quiz – Flex your team’s brain muscles and achieve the highest score.
• Quick Cosplay – Show us your team’s creative side, design and make a costume under pressure.
• Solve the Puzzle with Hashtag Escape – Can your team escape the perilous puzzle room?
• Dare to dabble with Dungeons & Dragons – Choose a champion to complete a speed game of D&D and/or Magic the Gathering with DeeTwenty Geeking Venue
• Can you solve the Game of Kings? Choose a Champion with strength and accuracy to conquer this Viking game.
Teams with the highest point value at the end of the day will progress to the sudden death rounds on Sunday.
Sunday 11:00 – 13:00
• Gaming Sudden Death – Champions meet champions in this sudden death knock out round on gaming consoles.
• Giant Chess – Has your champion got the skill and mental calmness to conquer this pressure 30 second chess challenge?
• Sudden Death Sumo – Fight to the death in our sumo ring until the last champion is left standing
• Battle of the Brain – The Ultimate Challenge for the last two teams to prove their smarts-superiority.
Do or do not, there is no try!
The Geeklympics is a fun competition, designed to test your brain power and creative abilities. You do not need to be an athlete or marathon runner in order to participate!
Choose a team leader or participate solo – then purchase your Geeklympics tickets on https://www.quicket.co.za/events/27242-geekfest-2017 @ R380.00 per team member. A member of the Geeklympics Committee will email you an entry form.
Your ticket includes:
– Free entry to Geek Fest 2017 on both days.
– A branded team t-shirt
– Fast pass to all activities and Geeki-lete status (in other words, you’re special and stuff)
Bonus Points for:
– Team mascot
– Team warcry
– Best team uniform/costume
…..more bonus points to be revealed on the day
WILL YOU BE THE ULTIMATE GEEK-LETE?
WIN ONE OF A KIND PRIZES * FIGHT FOR GOLD, SILVER OR BRONZE * HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR A YEAR
May the odds be forever in your favour…
Terms & Conditions
1) Limited space available – entrants will be capped at 20 teams
2) No more than 4 members are permitted per team
3) Teams may not substitute team members once the competition has commenced
4) Teams have to be in attendance at 10am sharp on Saturday to be told the rules of each tournie.
5) Teams not on time on Sunday will forfeit their position in the finals.
6) The number of teams progressing to Day 2 in entirely up to the judges / Geeklympic Committee
7) The judges’ decision is final and no discussion will be entered into regarding the results.
Keep an eye on Geek Node for more information on the Geek-lympics as it becomes available!
Latest posts by NiteFenix (see all)
- Movie Review: Assassin’s Creed (DVD Review) - August 10, 2017
- Movie Review: Split (DVD Review) - August 10, 2017
- Geek Node News: So Long And Thanks For All The Fish - August 7, 2017
- Movie Review: The Great Wall (DVD Review) - July 20, 2017
- Competition: And our Valerian winners are…. - July 18, 2017