Intelsat and Gilat Unveil Mobile Reach Solar 3G Solution for Mobile Network Operators that Need to Expand in Remote Areas
Intelsat end-to-end managed service powered by Gilat cellular solutions delivers 3G connectivity using compact, solar-powered, easily deployable bundle
Johannesburg, South Africa, 29 June 2017. Intelsat S.A. (NYSE: I), operator of the world’s first Globalized Network, powered by its leading satellite backbone, and Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (NASDAQ, TASE: GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, announced today a joint managed services solution to provide 3G infrastructure in the most remote locations around the globe, where terrestrial services are not feasible.
Mobile Reach Solar 3G is an end-to-end managed solution for mobile network operators (MNOs) who want to expand their service footprint efficiently into ultra-rural regions where traditional network buildouts are uneconomical. The turnkey, solar-powered package combines Intelsat connectivity, including services from the Intelsat EpicNG high-throughput satellite (HTS) platform, bundled with Gilat’s industry proven VSAT system for small cell and cellular backhaul. The combination provides everything an MNO needs to expand 3G service over a 2.5-kilometer radius, including power supply, mono-pole, and all satellite and cellular equipment.
Mobile Reach Solar 3G is a small-cell over satellite package that can be carried by hand and installed by just a few people. It is intended for MNOs looking to extend services and address market needs, where unreliable or non-existent power supplies requires diesel generators to provide consistent service levels. In those environments, maintaining equipment and securing fuel can be the most difficult and expensive part of keeping traditional cell towers operational.
“There is a massive transformation underway in the communications sector, as technology advancements make it more economical to connect the unconnected. The Mobile Reach Solar 3G service is an example of the market expansion that will be enabled by the higher power, more efficient services provided by our Intelsat EpicNG platform,” said Jean-Philippe Gillet, Intelsat’s Vice President and General Manager, Broadband. “One of satellite’s biggest advantages is the ability to easily reach areas where terrestrial connectivity is limited. Combining this with solar-based solutions means that our customers will be able to cost-effectively expand their networks. As they do so, remote regions will enjoy the economic benefit that always accompanies digital inclusion. Our innovations are unlocking new applications and markets.”
“This turnkey solution includes a small cell form factor, a high performance VSAT and efficient use of bandwidth to reduce capital and installation costs, while mitigating deployment risks and driving immediate subscriber growth for the operator,” said Ron Levin, VP Global Accounts at Gilat. “Mobile Reach Solar 3G enables MNOs to allocate resources where they are needed most, whether they want to expand their network’s reach or improve the performance and quality of service for current subscribers.”
- Learn more about Mobile Reach Solar 3G: http://www.intelsat.com/media-resources/mobile-reach-solar-3g/
- Learn more about Intelsat Solutions for Mobile Network Operators: http://www.intelsat.com/solutions/data-telecoms/mno/
- Learn more about Intelsat EpicNG: http://www.intelsat.com/global-network/satellites/epicng/
- Learn more about Gilat cellular solutions: https://www.gilat.com/solution/small-cell-over-satellite/
Latest posts by Sparky (see all)
- Press Release: KONAMI Announces FC Barcelona’s Luis Suárez as star of PES 2018 European Pack Shot - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: [New Video] The LEGO® NINJAGO™ Movie Video Game Gets New Trailer - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Enter a world of high-quality, creative photography; Canon Europe launches newest DSLR, EOS 200D - July 5, 2017
- Press Release: SUPER BOMBERMAN R Reveals Team Battles, New Maps, Characters and More! - July 5, 2017
- Press Release: The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game Announced! - July 5, 2017