Geek Node Terms and Conditions
The term “Geek Node” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Please note: These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any point. Please refer back regularly to ensure you are operating within them.
- We will not utilise your usage information in any way that is considered unlawful or prohibited as dictated by these terms and conditions.
- The articles/reviews posted on this web site are for your general information and use only and is subject to change without prior notice.
- The articles/reviews posted on this web site are posted with the most accurate information that can be found at the time of posting, and we cannot be held accountable for any incorrect information relayed to you. By extension, we treat all work by our editors as original and posted by its original owner. We cannot be held liable for the unintentional misuse of another editor’s work.
- Opinions/editorials are and remain the property of the individuals who post them and are in no way the opinions of Geek Node, the publishers or their proxies. We are a news agency and as an organisation/publication, has no opinion on any subject we report on. This is valid for comments too.
- We are not in any way affiliated with Megarom Interactive, Sony, Nu Metro, Ster Kinekor, Skycastle, Apex Interactive, Xbox or any other company represented on this website.
- Geek Node reserves the right to refuse posting/editing of articles/reviews/editorials at their sole discretion.
- We cannot be held liable for any misuse of information that leads to injury, and as such you use this website entirely at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information that we refer to is used correctly as specified.
- This website, including the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics is owned and licensed to us. The theme was purchased and may appear in a different form on other web sites, but the layout has been altered in a way that is unique to Geek Node. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All copyrights/trademarks reproduced on this website, which are not the property of Geek node, are acknowledged on the website.
- Any inclusion of links to other websites, does not necessarily mean that Geek Node endorses said websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information and as such we cannot be held responsible for the content of said linked websites.
- Articles/info on the website may not be posted on any other website/blog without the prior written consent of Geek Node. We reserve the right to request a takedown if this provision has not been met. Editors may post their own articles on personal blogs without written consent from Geek Node.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out such use of the website is subject to the laws of The Republic of South Africa and its courts.
The comments system we utilise is called Disqus, which is an external system, and as such is not governed by our policies.
We do not share any personal information with third parties.
Geek Node reserves the right to delete any tweets at its own discretion due to:
- Attacking another user on this web site in any derogatory/defamatory way.
- Spam in any form
The moderators of this website’s decision is final and any deletion cannot be reversed.
Competitions and Prizes
Competitions and giveaways run by Geek Node are open to ALL members of the public that reside in South Africa. We do not discriminate, exclude or target any specific members of society, including other journalists. The only people excluded from this term are writers/employees of this website (sorry guys). Prize winners are chosen at random, usually by a third party randomisation service and the decisions made are final.
To qualify as a potential winner for the competitions/giveaways on Geek Node, participants:
- may enter on Twitter, Facebook or in the competition article’s comments (where indicated);
- if selected as a finalist, must send the requested contact detail by the set cut-off time on the end date communicated via direct message on Twitter or via email or Inbox message on Facebook;
- must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date;
- may enter multiple times, unless otherwise specified;
- may not enter if you had won a Geek Node competition in the past 6 months;
Geek Node will select the best entry as the winner after the end date of the competition/giveaway from all participants who meet all the requirements stipulated above. The winner will be notified within one (1) day after the end date of this competition/giveaway.
There are no additional charges for participating in our competitions but standard data costs as per user’s Service Provider apply for data usage.
Geek Node will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner via the methods described above to participate in this Competition.
The winner will be contacted during working hours between 08:00 and 17:00.
Geek Node shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) working days after the winner has been selected. Should a participant not be available on the contact details provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that winner’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Geek Node reserves the right to then award the prize to the next participant with the best entry at its sole discretion.
The winner must be able to identify himself or herself in a manner determined by Geek Node as the participant of the competition/giveaway and has to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prize.
The winner’s name and location may be displayed on all Geek Node’s social media platforms and website competition pages.
Geek Node shall request the winner’s consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by LG in connection with this Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he/she has been announced as a winner via Facebook (facebook.com/geeknodeza) and Twitter (@geeknodeza).The winner may decline the use of his or her image and/or likeness by Geek Node.
Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain express permission from their parents or guardians before entering any competitions held by Geek Node.
The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
All travelling costs to claim the prize will be at the winner’s expense, unless specified.
The duration of this Competition may be extended or curtailed at the sole discretion of Geek Node. Participants will be advised of any such change via Facebook (facebook.com/geeknodeza) and Twitter (@geeknodeza).
The prize will only be delivered to physical addresses and will not be sent to postal addresses.
Geek Node shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner upon transfer/delivery of the prize.
Geek Node will not be held accountable for prizes/giveaways/rewards lost, damaged or stolen in post or transit.
All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner upon transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Geek Node’s obligations in regard to this Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate.
In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of this Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Geek Node’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
Geek Node may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Geek Node is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
Geek Node is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and/or prize redemption process of the competition/giveaway.
Geek Node is not liable for prizes/giveaways/rewards sponsored by third party companies. If the third party company cancels the competition or is unable to render over the prizes, Geek Node will not be held accountable for any loss or damages.
Geek Node assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation in the competition/giveaway for any reason whatsoever.
Geek Node does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty for any products.
Prizes will only be issued after the close of the competition. Please allow for a two to eight week delivery period. This can change depending on the sponsor and the prize will typically be delivered directly from the sponsor or sponsors representative.
Geek Node has no control over the interception or loss of your personal information over the internet and assumes no liability for any such interception or loss.
User data collected via our competitions/giveaways will not be used for any other purpose than for the competitions/giveaways only.
Neither Geek Node nor any other person or party associated with our competitions/giveaways, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competitions/giveaways, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competitions/giveaways or from claiming the prize.
Geek Node reserves the right to cancel, terminate or alter their competitions/giveaways immediately and without notice in the event that the competition/giveaway is held to be or becomes unlawful. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Geek Node and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against Geek Node.
Last revised: 25 July 2016 at 2:09PM.